One of the biggest decisions for most brides is choosing that perfect wedding dress. We LOVE wedding dress shopping! The beautiful fabrics, the different styles – its all so exhilarating! Shopping for your wedding dress is a fabulous experience that most brides look forward to, however it can also be stressful and overwhelming. Some brides have a clear idea of exactly what they want to wear (they have known it for ages!!) while others may not have a clue.
Singapore is a haven for brides on their shopping spree. The dreamy fabrics, quality of work and the intricacies are almost unmatched. So, we started off along the famous Orchard Road with surprisingly quite a few bridal stores there itself. From Rachel Ho to Tan Yoong, Bridal Veil to Renee Leung. We visited them all. One that we were particularly enamoured with was a pretty little bridal studio called Olive Suite. The very lovely owner Jessica wowed us with her cute creations. Olive Suite is primarily known for their short frou-frou dresses. We fell in love all over again!
Oh well all good days come to an end. Time to celebrate with cupcakes :) Big thanks to Anusha and Bernard for their help!
So, here are some of our Wedding dress shopping tips –
- Start way in advance to give yourself enough time to make this important decision. Cut out reference pictures from magazines so you have a clear picture of style/fabrics/colors you like.
- Before starting out it is important to know what your budget is as well as any essential details like lehenga or gown style etc. Also keep in mind the style and theme of the function when choosing the outfit.
- Comfort is one of the most important factors when choosing your dress. Think about the seating arrangements as well as any choreographed dance performances you may have planned.
- Don’t forget to carry your shoes. You may just find something off the rack that you love and are all set for immediate alterations and fittings.
- Hire someone who offers wedding planning services, and can help you find the right gown.
And of course, take along your best friend/mum/bridesmaid for a second opinion. Do share your gown shopping experiences with us!