Now that you’ve managed to book you dream location for your great Indian wedding after setting the theme et al, it’s time to move on to the smaller but highly important things to do before your special day. If you’ve hired a wedding planner, he/she will already have a list of choices regarding caterers, floral decorators, bands/musicians, photographers and videographers for your partner and you to choose from. So let’s get started with a few other things that you need to begin doing as the months get closer to your big day
- You may want to formally announce your engagement to your friends and family if you haven’t done so already.
- Plan a fun get together with your family, friends and members of your wedding party. The first of the celebrations has definitely begun!
- Now is a good time to shop for and purchase your wedding bands if you haven’t done so already.
- Start trying out and experimenting with your beauty regimens. Go in for bleach, wax and skin peelers and figure what suits you the best.
- Now’s the best possible time to hunt for your bridal gown or lehenga and your partner should do the same. If you are planning to get a tailored gown, also gather your bridesmaids to get their dresses stitched according to the color of your choice.
- Start discussing the type of music you’d like to be played at your wedding. There are a good number of wonderful live bands in India itself who specialize in jazz and upbeat music. It’s better if you get the band booked right away.
- You’ll be spending a lot of time with your wedding planner. You both will now be finalizing some of the finer details such as floral arrangements with your floral designer. You may want to check if the flowers you have in mind are available at the time of your wedding.
- Book the caterers of your choice and discuss the food options.
- Time to book your photographer and/or videographer of choice.
- And finally, simply enjoy as your partner and you decide on your honey destination! You might want to check if both your passports are up to date. There won’t be much time to figure these small but vital things closer to the wedding!
By now, your partner and you will definitely have formed a good bond with your wedding planner. After all, you both will be spending a lot of time with him or her! Lastly, enjoy all the time you get off planning your wedding!