Endless shopping for the impending wedding, constant advice from family and friends on what to do and what not to when you become the member of a new family, financial planning, inviting and entertaining family and friends – can definitely take a toll on you.
A wedding, irrespective of its size and other aspects, is common to implant anxiety and stress in the soon-to-be bride. Grooms too go through their share of stress, as they go about arranging for the pre-wedding parties and the post-wedding arrangements. Remember to relax and have fun during this period of your life.
Here are a few tips on how you can destress before your wedding:
- Take some time off to watch the sunset, take a swim, enjoy a stroll in your nearby park, go for a boat cruise, head to your nearby hill station. If you like to chill out with friends, or else, enjoy the solitude.
- Plan a girls night and go to a club or restaurant and catch up on the girly chats.
- Pick a book – may be a romantic novel or a novel by your favourite author – always one off the best ways to unwind.
- Rent a pile of DVD’s. Watch your favourite movies – comedy, romantic, suspense thrillers or action.
- A massage before the wedding will help you relieve stress and tone up your muscles. Pamper yourself at the spa with the variety of body treatments on offer.
- Cut down on caffeine and chocolate, as they are known to elevate stress levels. Include more green vegetables in your diet and drink lots of water.
- Try to practice meditation and yoga to relieve stress. Breathing techniques can be highly beneficial.
- Spend at least 30 minutes a day on exercise. This can tone your body as well as relieve stress.
- Most brides are so busy ensuring everything is planned perfectly that they forget to have a good time and end up stressing! Try doing something different like go out for a movie with your girl friends maybe?
- Get some rest – most brides tend to be busy with their pre-wedding preparations in the days leading up to the wedding. Try and get as much sleep as you can to look your best on your wedding day.
- Take some time out and spend some quality time with your finance. a wedding usually involves so many people from family to friends, vendors to guests take a walk or plan a romantic dinner – just the two of you.
De-stressing is all about doing the things you enjoy the most and that can make you relax peacefully. Enjoy the pre-wedding time and have fun with the entire wedding planning process. Hope this information from your wedding planner in Mumbai will help you de-stress before your big day!