Choosing the perfect wedding venue may seem like a tedious task. There are a number of things you need to take into account before finalizing your wedding venue. Here are some tips which will come in handy while you scout for venues.
- Firstly the most important thing would be to freeze on the budget once you finalize the guest list. This is extremely important as, once you have your wedding budget and expected number of guests in place it narrows down your options to a few venues which fit the bill.
- Once you narrow down on a few venues which fulfill your basic criteria of capacity, pricing and of course the wedding you envision, you must visit each of the wedding venues to understand them better.
- When you visit the venue, understand the layout, seating capacity and the various styles of seating; especially if you want to seat all guests. Usually theatre style seating seats more people than a round table seating.
- Most wedding venues operate on timeslots. Understand the time slots and charges for extra hour. For example, your function may be an evening function, but before booking you will have to check if the place is booked for a function on the same day in the morning. In that case if you have an elaborate décor plan, it may get difficult to set up the place in two hours time. Depending on the duration of your function, you may even have to book the place for the entire day by renting both slots.
- Make sure you check the safety measures. This is very important and most times this is neglected and in case of an emergency, there may be panic.
- Check on the changing rooms. Make sure they have full length mirrors, good lighting, air-conditioning, clean washrooms attached to the changing room and a couch to seat a few friends.
- Understand payment terms. Also enquire about any monopoly for décor or food or if there is a panel. In case you want to use a particular caterer or wedding decorator who is not on the panel, find out if there is a way to get your team on board. Also find out what the security deposit would include. Get the contact for the technical person who would be at the venue on the day of the function. Also find out about the extra hour charges and check on security and whether the washrooms would have housekeepers.
- Check on the condition of the guest washroom and see if you need to add on any supplies such as tissues, hand sanitizers etc to make your guests more comfortable. Also check if you need to add on more housekeeping staff.
- Check on available parking space. In case you feel that the space is insufficient, locate the nearest parking lot and brief your valet staff to direct guests to the parking lot.
- Check on sound restrictions, especially if you are planning an outdoor reception.
Also you need to procure day licenses to be able to serve alcohol and for playing music too. These would vary from venue to venue. Hope these tips would help you select your dream wedding venue!