We recently travelled back to Singapore and Malaysia for a few days to work on an upcoming wedding. Our first two days in Singapore, prior to Malaysia, were spent at the beautiful Ritz Carlton. Now, I have to say – having previously stayed around Orchard Road on almost every visit to Singapore, I wasn’t really sure what to expect here. And, we were definitely in for a surprise!
Firstly, we were lucky to be booked in the Premier Suite, which not only had a spacious bedroom but also had an adjoining living room area, which was as spacious.
Now, this suite is a great idea – let me tell you why:
- You can enjoy personalised arrival service and check in right in the convenience of your suite.
- The spacious suite is perfect; keeping in mind the shopping you will likely do in Singapore and the number of bags you will be travelling with!
- The great part was that this suite had amazing floor to ceiling windows in not only the bedroom and living room, but also of course the renowned octagonal shaped window in the bathroom too with a view of the Singapore Flyer.
- Both the bedroom and living room are fitted with flat screen LED televisions.
- You can enjoy the very famous Asprey Purple Water amenities, through an alliance between the two brands.
- Need your coffee fix? Well fear not! This suite comes equipped with a Nespresso coffee machine! How cool is that!
- But, my favourite part – access to the Ritz Carlton Club Lounge with its specatular views of the Marina Bay and its truly personalised service.
- The lounge opened only last month (August 2013) and is located on the highest floor (32nd) of the hotel. It can seat a total of 75 guests and is open daily from 7 am to 11 pm. Guests of the lounge, can enjoy a variety of meals served all day – champagne breakfast, lunch, traditional British high tea, hor d’ouvres and cocktails and cordials and dessert.
- Also available to guests are a variety of experiences including bespoke cocktail mixing, live music, caricaturist, wine tastings with a sommelier and handcrafted a la minute Singaporean cuisine presentations.
Very often, we assist our clients with booking their honeymoons. While everyone wants to visit someplace different, we think Singapore is a great starting point or stop over for your honeymoon. We all love to fit in some shopping time and of course there is always the temptation of the yummy food in Singapore. We have also seen that of late there are a lot of clients who are so busy with work that they don’t really have the luxury of taking off for a relaxed, lengthy honeymoon to Europe or South America as they may wish. So comes the mini moon – a short getaway with the longer honeymoon scheduled for later.
The Ritz Carlton, a seven acre garden property, in the vibrant Marina Bay area is an oasis of luxury and tranquility and perfect for a honeymoon. While located in busy Singapore, the hotel is away from the hustle and bustle of Singapore. The hotel is connected through walkways to multiple shopping malls, making it very convenient to get your daily shopping fix done. It is also right across the street from the Marina Bay Sands – great for some late night entertainment including the casino. A short 5 minute walk from the hotel, leads you to the Esplanade, the art and cultural hub of Singapore which showcases a variety of local and international talent in the form of concerts, plays and musicals. And of course most attractions are only a short cab ride away from the hotel.
A few interesting facts I learned:
- The hotel was designed such that every room has a view!
- The hotel is home to 4200 pieces of work, which includes pieces by Frank Stella and Andy Warhol among others. The hotel even has self-guided iPod tours, which at least 10 guests have taken per day. The hotel has shared this art tour with 21900 guests till date.
- The octagonal windows (eight is a lucky number for the Chinese) are supposed to enhance Feng Shui for the hotel.
- The “26” series suites have the best views of Singapore’s landmarks including the Singapore Flyer, Marina Bay, Merlion Park and Gardens by the Bay. Lucky us, we enjoyed just this in suite number 2926!
Now on the part that we love – weddings! The Ritz Carlton has dominated the high end Indian wedding market in Singapore for a while now. We have more on this and the Indian Wedding Showcase at the Ritz Carlton, coming up soon.