You are ready to pack for one of the most important phase of your life – ‘honeymoon.’ It is the time you want to enjoy life to the fullest and not feel guilty of the ‘extra’ pack you took or you didn’t.
Packing needs careful pre-planning to ensure you are carrying all that is necessary for both you and your spouse. If you are going to a place with a cool temperature, pack clothes and accessories that will keep you warm. If you are going for a beach holiday, you need clothes and other accessories that will suit the occasion. It could be much different if you are going for a mountain holiday. In other words, the place you are going to spend your holiday also places a key role when you pack.
Here, we share general tips on how you can pack for your honeymoon –
- Count on your bags and suitcases. Less baggage makes travel easy. That said, it is also essential to carry all that you need to prevent running around in between your holiday to buy something you forgot to pack.
- Prepare a list as soon as your holiday is confirmed. Do not go for last minute charting – you are likely to forget even the essentials. Check off the items, as they find space inside your bag. Also, you and your spouse can go through the list together to make sure you have listed everything you require for the holiday.
- Confirm you have all valid travel and hotel booking documents including passport, air/train/bus tickets, identity cards, driving license, traveler’s check and credit/debit cards.
- Select bags or suitcases that are easy to carry. Remember to tag them with your name and address.
- It is safe to keep valuable jewelery to the minimum. Instead, try to wear artificial jewelery.
- As you pack your clothes, plan well on what you will need once you are at the destination. If you are going to a high-altitude location, you may find it difficult to dry clothes on washing. In that case, it would be wiser to carry more clothes than you would to a warmer region.
- Pack your camera and its accessories. If you are using a digital camera, carry battery charger, extra memory stick (if available), CD/DVD and card reader (to transfer the pictures to your CD/DVD). Otherwise, carry extra camera films. You can’t miss out shooting the best moments of your life.
- Ensure to pack the essential toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, sunscreen, soap, razor, shampoo, bath oil, tissues, comb and perfume. It is advisable to put them in extra cover; especially items like bath oil and shampoo to avoid leakage.
- Carry contact information of people you know in and around the place you visit. In case of an emergency, you can take their help.
- Pack map of the country/city and a journal to note down the wonderful moments of your life.
- Keep a medical kit consisting of band-aids, cotton, antibacterial cream and medicines for fever, headache, throat pain or diarrhea, ready.
- Other than those listed above, you may note on carrying laptop, mobile charger, binoculars, sunglasses, umbrella, make-up set, hair accessories, insect repellent (like those for mosquitoes), torch, candles etc …
Stay tuned for more on honeymoon ideas from Marry Me – Wedding Planning creative team!