If there is one thing common across India, be it Mumbai or Goa in the west to Kolkata or Patna in the east, it is the fact that people love weddings. It is for two individuals to decide to marry each other, but when it comes to planning the wedding, the entire family is involved.
Here are the five ingredients quintessential to every Indian wedding:
1. The Bride: The bride is inevitably the central attraction of any wedding. There is always some action going on where the bride is. It can be said that the most interesting rituals, like mehndi, sangeet, and haldi circle around the bride.
2. Food and more food: No Indian wedding is complete without an extravagant dinner or luncheon, and not to forget the endless boxes of sweets and delicacies being carried to and fro. Food is one thing that everyone at a wedding seems to have an opinion about.
3. Jewelry:The Indian tradition relates girls with the prosperity of the house. And that’s why it is no wonder that in every culture, special jewelry is prepared for the bride to wear on her wedding day. So if you are at an Indian wedding, be prepared to get dazzled.
4. Relatives from every part of the country: The great Indian family comes together at a wedding. Relatives from not only across the country, but those who live abroad make it a point to attend the most special day of one of their kin.
5. Blessings: A lot of emotions, lots of laughter and all the elders in the family who giving their blessings to the young couple are what make Indian weddings so special.
Regardless of differences in culture and regions, Indians love to celebrate to the brim when it comes to organizing and attending marriages.The anecdotes of the celebration are fondly shared with family and friends for ages to come.
Every wedding has a story. We would love to hear yours.